Three new faces have been voted onto Marrickville Legal Centre’s Board.
One of the new Board members is a long-time volunteer solicitor with the Centre, Ian Bennett (pictured below at left).
Ian is an employment lawyer who also works with one of the Centre’s pro bono law firms, Sparke Helmore.
The other new Board Members are Alexandra Conroy and Alejandro Arvelo (also pictured).
Alejandro is a senior lawyer with extensive in-house and private practice experience in the insurance and finance and technology industries.
Alexandra Conroy is a former corporate lawyer, who launched and is currently leading a tailored healthcare business.
This takes to nine the number of people sitting on the Board. They are:
· Graham Jenkins (Chair), a consultant and investor who advises clients on business issues
· Brent Goldman (Treasurer), a specialist in corporate finance, currently with Nexia Australia
· Lainie Anderson (Secretary), Project Officer with Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
· Simon Fitzpatrick, barrister at pro bono supporters 7 Wentworth Selborne Chambers
· David Johnson, a chartered accountant
· John Laxon, employment, crime and commercial lawyer with Laxon Lex
The Centre wishes to thank Rebecca Kenny, General Counsel for the Australia Council for the Arts, for her significant contribution as a Board member during 2016-2017.