Marrickville Legal Centre offers free legal advice and assistance to the community of the inner-west, south-west, southern suburbs of Sydney, and beyond. There are 1.5 million people living in our key catchment: that’s 30 per cent of Sydney’s total population.
Marrickville Legal Centre solicitors provide access to justice through the provision of legal services, law reform and community legal education, particularly for people who are disadvantaged by their social and economic circumstances.
This position supports the work of the Centre by co-ordinating and supervising our volunteers working on our reception to provide appropriate information, legal and non-legal referrals, and appointments to members of the community seeking our assistance. This role also provides basic tenancy advice, under supervision, and administrative support for the management team, as required from time to time.
The Family Law Service works with clients who are unable to access affordable family law services, and who suffer disadvantage or family violence, to make workable arrangements after separation. The FLS also improves access to justice through community legal education.
The Paralegal – Family Law Service, will support the work of the Centre, particularly the operation of the Family Law Service (‘Focus Area’). You may be required to perform work outside of the Focus Area from time to time.
This position supports the work of the Family Law Service by assisting the Family Law Solicitor in the delivery and management of advice and casework to clients with family law matters. This role also assists with file management, the accurate recording of client, service, and statistical data, and the delivery of community legal education activities.
The position requires a practical understanding and application of the structures, methods, and procedures of the legal system of the State of NSW and the Commonwealth.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Family Law Solicitor, the Paralegal is also responsible for the smooth running of the FLS Clinic and is the public face for all advice clinic confirmations, including telephone and face-to-face enquiries, and providing appropriate information and referrals.
- Prior experience working in a community legal centre or equivalent not-for-profit organisation.
- Legal experience in various legal practice areas.
- Ability to manage customer expectations.
- Ability to conduct administrative tasks for the Family Law Service.
- Experience in client and or customer-facing roles.
- Penultimate LLB or GDLP – good to have.
- Sound judgment and outstanding analytical and contractual skills.
- Strong commercial acumen and pragmatic approach to all work
- Proactive and independent attitude and result oriented approach.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to challenge the status quo, and the ability to work as a team to deliver the best possible outcome for the community.