MLC works with clients who are unable to access affordable family law services, and who suffer disadvantage or family violence, to make workable arrangements after separation.
We can advise on
- Separation (including separation under one roof)
- Getting a divorce
- Making parenting arrangements after separation
- Dividing property after separation
- Consent orders
- Going to family dispute resolution (mediation)
- Representing yourself at court
- Applying to Legal Aid
The Family Law Service is also available to clients of any Family Relationship Centre (FRC) by direct referral by the FRC.
Our community partners
- Interrelate, a not-for-profit provider of relationship services in Sydney’s southern suburbs
- Sydney City Family Relationship Centre
- Newtown Neighbourhood Centre
- The Canterbury Hospital
The Family Law Service is funded by the Community Legal Centres Program administered by Legal Aid NSW.
Advice is generally given over the phone through an advice call-back service. To arrange a phone call, submit an online enquiry or give us a call.