The Strata Collective Sales Advocacy Service offers free legal information, advice, assistance and advocacy to owner occupiers of strata units and townhouses in NSW.
We can advise on
- Rights and obligations of people affected by the collective sale or redevelopment of strata schemes
- Your rights within a strata scheme in relation to administration and management, repairs and renovations, insurance, levies and by-laws
- Your rights in relation to a breach of by-laws including notices and penalties
- Ways to resolve strata-related issues such as through Fair Trading’s mediation service or through the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal
Please note: Due to our high demand and limited resources, we are not able to advise on every strata matter. If we are not able to advise you, we will refer you to other resources.
Who can this service help?
- Owner-Occupiers aged 64 and under anywhere in New South Wales
- If you are 65 and over, you can contact the Seniors Rights Service here
- We do not advise commercial schemes, investors, landlords or Owner’s Corporations (and their strata committees).
Community legal education
We are proud to play an educative role in the community to promote justice and protect human rights. We provide training and education sessions on request for community groups and organisations.
If you’d like us to come deliver a session for your group, please complete a non-legal enquiry here
Advice is generally given over the phone through an advice call-back service. To arrange a phone call, submit an online enquiry below or give us a call.